Saturday, October 08, 2005

Baby Shower

Andy and I want to thank everyone for all of the wonderful gifts and thanks to Liz and Sheri who did such a great job with the baby shower. It was really fun to see everyone.

For those who couldn't make it, we had a couples shower on Saturday. I don't have any pictures yet, but I will probably post them when I get the copies. The highlights included:

  • Trying to name which guests each baby picture belonged to. Good job, Emily, on winning that one!
  • The 'Guess the Size of Stacy's Belly' game, which Tim won, thanks to his own calibrated waistline. I don't know about some of those guesses though. Some of those strings were awfully long - maybe they will work in a couple of months!
  • Guessing when the babies will be born and which one will arrive first. Better have those names picked out...one of you may just be the winner! I am kind of hoping for Wayne's guess of December 30th :)
We got all sorts of great gifts - bouncy chairs, a baby monitor, an exersaucer, some cozy winter car seat covers, a changing pad, lots of cute clothes and more than I can possibly list. Let's just say I had a lot of laundry to do, which included an entire load of blue clothes and an entire load of pink clothes! Now I just have to figure out where to put everything.

I realized at the shower that most of you may have not been familiar with their new 'names'. Until their official names are stamped on their birth certificates, they are affectionately known as 'Righty' (the boy) and 'Bunny Kickerson' (the girl).

We also had another doctors appointment this past Thursday, where the doctor measured my belly at 32 weeks, so I guess I can see why people cut such long strings for that game! Now we will start seeing her more frequently and we have another ultrasound scheduled for Nov. 1 to make sure that everything is on track.