Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Week 21 Photo

We are well over half way through the pregnancy, since the babies should be born one way or another by week 38. We had another appointment with our regular doctor on Friday, Sept. 9. Everything is going well. She didn't seem concerned by my incredible weight gain. My goal was to gain 20 pounds by 20 weeks, as directed by several books on twin pregnancy. I thought this was going to be impossible, but with my appetite, it ended up not being a problem! Hopefully the weight gain and appetite will taper off a little fairly soon. As many of you know, I don't exactly embrace exercise, so the less I have to do to get back into shape later, the better!

The other thing that we learned at our appointment was that my belly is measuring at the typical size for 27 weeks (we were only 19 1/2 weeks at the time). This is normal though...one of my books said that a twin pregnancy will usually measure 6-8 weeks larger than a singelton pregnancy. Our hope is that the twins will be born at nice, healthy weights, so I have accepted the fact that it means I will be gaining a lot of weight. I just can't imagine how huge my belly is going to get! Which, I suppose, leads into our week 21 pictures below.