Friday, July 08, 2005

Week 10 Appointment

I would say that this was the most exciting appointment yet, but then, of course, there was that day we found out we were having a baby, then there was that day that we saw that we were having twins, so it seems difficult to rank them. But this one was definitely up near the top.

ultrasound 07/08/2005Why was it so exciting? Well, we had another ultrasound, and instead of just seeing their hearts beating, we got to see them both moving around, waving and propelling themselves around the placenta. I don't think either of us expected to see them moving, so it was quite shocking. Next time we will be bringing a video camera and will post the footage. A still picture just doesn't do it justice, but nonetheless, that is all we have for you this time. You can see them both again in this shot, still quite fuzzy, but now you can clearly tell where the head is and you can see the arms and legs. (Click on the image for a larger view)

We also had a couple of other changes. My doctor moved my due date up to January 17th. Technically I will only be at 38 weeks, but she doesn't want the pregnancy to go beyond that point. Also, she would like me to cut back on work, and possibly work from home by the 28th week, with an even more severe cutback and possible bedrest (hopefully not strict) starting in the 32nd week. I may or may not be able to continue working depending on the stress level and such. So, expect any Christmas presents from us this year to be purchased online - I may not be going out much.

Our next appointment won't be for another 4 weeks, but we will be posting progress pictures before that time. I am definitely feeling bigger this week and have outgrown all but two pairs of my pre-pregnancy pants...and I fear that they will quickly be leaving my sad collection of fitting clothes very soon. Time to go shopping!